Children's Council mailed 1099 tax forms on January 23, 2021 to early educators who received a total payment of $600 or more from us in 2020. The form shows the amount we must report to the IRS and is for your personal use to prepare your 2020 tax return. You may receive two forms this year.
Why did I receive two 1099 forms?
No worries! Beginning tax year 2020, the IRS is requesting that recipients with Non-Employee Compensation payments receive a separate 1099-NEC form. If recipients also had a Miscellaneous-Other Income payment, they will receive a 1099-MISC form. Previously, these were combined on one 1099-MISC form. To see your total amount from Children’s Council, add the two boxes together.
Which payments are on the 1099 -NEC?
Non-employee Compensation went into box 1, including:
- Local ELS subsidy payments: Voucher, Gap on Title 5, Preschool for All, MRA, FACES SF Additional 10%
- State Voucher subsidy payments
- QRIS Quality grants for ELS-funded programs
Which payments are on the 1099-MISC?
Other income went into box 3, including:
- CDE stipends (for educators who served state subsidized children in July 2020)
- CARES 2.0 stipend (for ELS-funded educators)
What is not included in the 1099 total?
- Family fees for subsidy reimbursements
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) reimbursements
- The CSCP supplies stipend to providers
- CPR or Health and Safety reimbursements to providers
How do I request another copy of my 1099?
Complete this form or call us at 415-276-2900. Due to COVID-19, we are no longer offering in-person pick-up.
What should I do if the 1099 total appears incorrect? How do I update my tax name, number, or address?
Contact your assigned Subsidy Provider Coordinator. If you do not know who your Coordinator is, contact us at 415-276-2900 or email@example.com.
No, parents will not receive a 1099 for child care services subsidized through Children's Council. If a family wants a report of their family fees in 2020, they can contact us.
Where can I get tax help?
Call 211 or visit www.earnitkeepitsaveit.org to find a free tax preparation site near you.