- Please maintain communication with your current child care provider and come up with an agreement if you plan to terminate child care early. Check with your current child care provider regarding their termination policies to avoid out of pocket costs.
- After you have spoken to your child care provider, reach out to your Family Subsidy Specialist (FSS) at Children’s Council. If you are unsure how to get a hold of your FSS, call (415) 276-2900. Parents seeking to change child care providers must notify their FSS in advance, and at least ten (10) business days prior to any change.
- Payment of all family fees to the previous child care provider must also be up to date, as well as completing and signing attendance sheet.
- A child care provider may be eligible for a maximum of two weeks of early termination notice reimbursement if:
- Child care provider has documented with Children’s Council that they require an early termination payment, and/or
- You have not given adequate notice of termination of services.
To learn more about terminating child care with your current licensed provider, reach out to your Family Subsidy Specialist.
If you are looking for a new child care provider, click here to use our Mobile-Friendly Child Care Finder or contact a Child Care Resource and Referral Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-343-3300 to obtain a list of child care referrals that meet your needs.
Article is closed for comments.