The Bay Area is working hard to stay connected with families during COVID-19 closures and distancing!
We hope to see you at these upcoming Children’s Council virtual programs for ages 0-5:
- Virtual New and Expecting Moms Group: every Thursday at 11 am (note: this group is open to ALL moms)
- Virtual Tuesday Playgroup: every Tuesday 10:30 am
- Each week child development experts lead engaging activities to build young brains, including resources and ideas you can use at home, from Music and Movement to Sign Language, and more! Designed for children 0-6 years old, their parents, and caregivers. All languages welcome.
- Parent Café: held once a month at 6:00pm, click the link for information on dates
Keep an eye our workshops website for updates on virtual and in-person programming beyond these dates.
Tune in to some our favorite virtual resources to keep your kids engaged with learning and have fun at home:
- Tandem, Partners in Early Learning: free Virtual storytime
- Free JAMaROO Kids: Music, Movement, and Storytime videos + 9:00 am Live Circle Time (Tues-Fri)
- SF Public Library: Extensive eLibrary of electronic books, audiobooks, music, and more. Check out the kids’ website at sfpl.org/kids
- Limited free in-person services are available as of June 15th
- Get active and learn about our city with free Walking Tours by San Francisco City Guides and the San Francisco Public Library
- Visit one of these free San Francisco museums
- Bay Area Discovery Museum: free activity ideas and creative resources via email
- California Academy of Sciences: free Academy @ Home animal webcams, science games and more
- As of June 15th, in-person visits are back! All guests ages 3+ must wear a mask regardless of vaccination status and timed-entry tickets must be reserved beforehand.
- YMCA of San Francisco: Live daily workout classes
Stay updated by signing up for the monthly Children's Council newsletter. It includes local family-friendly events, parenting resources, and child care provider updates. You can also join specific interest groups to receive newsletters tailored to your interests. The newsletter will also keep you updated on transitioning to in-person events!