As a provider serving children through Children’s Council, what are the steps to submit attendance sheets and receive child care reimbursements?
Please follow these steps to submit attendance sheets and receive reimbursements:
1. Receive attendance sheet from Children’s Council.
- Paper attendance sheets are mailed to you at the end of each month for the new month.
- Or learn how to download and print your own attendance sheets on Care Connect here.
2. Ask parent to add sign-in and sign-out times to the attendance sheet.
- If child is present:
- Parent/guardian must write in the corresponding box each time they drop off or pick up the child. Providers may not enter times for the parent. The attendance sheet should be completed daily, throughout the month (not all at once).
- Sign in/out times should reflect the actual time the children are dropped off or picked up, to the exact minute (do not round up or down). For example, if the child’s approved schedule is on their child care certificate is 8:00 am to 5:00 pm but the child was actually dropped off at 7:57 am and picked up at 4:43pm, the hours on the attendance sheet must be 7:57 am and 4:43pm.
- If child is absent:
- Parent/guardian must write in the reason for all absence days in the “Comments” box on the attendance sheet.
- Do not enter hours if the child does not attend care.
- If a child is absent for more than 2 weeks, please contact us.
- If child is picked up from school or other care provider:
- Provider must write in the corresponding box using the center section if they drop or pick up a child from school or another child care.
3. Ask parent to sign attendance sheet.
- Parent/guardian must review information and add a full signature to bottom of the sheet with ink (no initials) when the entire sheet has been completed.
4. Sign attendance sheet.
- Provider must review information and add a full signature to the bottom of the sheet with ink (no initials) when the entire sheet has been completed.
5. Submit attendance sheet to Children’s Council by 3rd working day of the month following child care using any of the following methods:
- Mail or drop off to Children’s Council at 445 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94114 or
- Take a clear photo and send to email@example.com or
- Scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Wait for Children’s Council to process payment.
- Attendance sheets received by the 3rd working day will be paid within 12 business days. Sheets received after the third working day are considered late and will be processed within two weeks.
- View the 2020-2021 Payment Calendar
- Learn how to view the status of your payment on CareConnect here.
7. View your Explanation of Payment.
- Learn how to view your Explanation of Payments on CareConnect here.
8. Keep your information up to date.
- Contact us at email@example.com or 415-276-2900 if your phone, address, banking, or tax information changes.
Please see this related article, "Do families have to pay their family fees?"