Bay Area public transportation has been greatly impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in a reduction of normal service, station closures and changes in frequency of buses and trains.
Visit 511.org for the latest updates on Coronavirus transportation impacts to the whole Bay Area.
San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA)
- Core bus routes operate daily from 5am to 10pm. A reduced Owl network operates nightly from 10pm to 5am
- Muni Metro Subway has reopened 6am to 9pm on weekdays and 8am to 9pm on weekends
- The F, KT and N have resumed their full routes
- The 36/52 has started a special service around Glen Canyon Park
- More details are available on each route's page or the Travel & Transit Update
For the most current and up to date information about Muni, visit the SFMTA COVID-19 page.
La página SFMTA COVID-19 tiene la información más reciente sobre los servicios de tránsito y las citaciónes.
瀏覽SFMTA COVID-19網頁, 了解最新客運及罰單信息
Ang pahina ng SFMTA COVID-19 ay may pinakabagong impormasyon sa serbisyo at pagbanggit.
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
For the most current information about BART service and schedules, visit bart.gov
- BART is now running trains every 15 minutes on most lines during peak hours Monday-Friday
- Trains run every 30 minutes during most off-peak times
- BART plans to return to near pre-pandemic service levels and hours on August 30, 2021
- Starting August 30, 2021, BART will expand service hours:
- Weekday service will be 5am-12am with 15-min frequencies on all lines from 5am-8pm.
- Saturday service will be 6am-12am
- Sunday service will remain 8am-9pm.
Safety on Public Transportation
Be sure to follow Centers for Disease Control recommendations to limit possible exposure to COVID-19 when using public transportation. Please see related article, Do I have to wear a face mask when I go outside?
- Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status, until at least September 13, 2021
- There are exceptions for those with a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask and those under 2 years old
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice social distancing and avoid close contact with others
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover
- Clean your hands often
- Stay home if you feel sick