Child care funding is available now! This specialized funding from CAPP (California Alternative Payment Program) allows the use of a full range of child care providers. It is set to expire on 6/30/2022 but is likely to be extended. This program has some income and asset limits, and eligible applicants will be enrolled by the priorities below.
If you think you qualify, we encourage you to submit a request (select ESW CAPP). You can also contact our Resource and Referral staff at email@example.com or 415.343.3300 and they can guide you through the process.
Please read the qualification priorities carefully:
A. At-Risk Populations: There is no direct income limitation and applications for at-risk children will be evaluated in the following order:
- Child Protective Services (CPS) or situations where children are at risk of abuse, neglect or exploitation
- Emergency Foster Care Bridge recipients
- Homeless children
- Children of domestic violence survivors
B. Essential Service Workers (ESWs): Applications from essential workers (who are not able to work remotely) in the following sectors who meet income limits will be evaluated in the following order:
- Essential Worker Priority 1: Healthcare/public health and emergency service sectors
- Essential Worker Priority 2: Food and agriculture, teachers, education staff (including custodial and kitchen staff), workers supporting critical infrastructure, state and local government workers, communications/IT, energy, transportation and logistics, critical manufacturing, hazardous materials, financial services, and chemical sectors
- Essential Worker Priority 3: All other work listed on the State’s Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers document
C. Children with Disabilities: If funding remains, we will process applications for families who meet income limits and submit an active IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) documenting a disability.